Matching Grant Program
Purpose of the BICF Matching Grant Program
The Brethren in Christ Foundation (BICF) seeks to play a vital role in communicating to individuals and local congregations the stories of God at work through the shared ministry priorities of the Brethren in Christ Church and to support the local congregations in their ministry objectives by providing financing when needed for purchase or expansion of facilities. Now through the Matching Grant Program, the BICF will assist with direct support for community outreach initiatives.
Key Criteria for assessing the suitability of a Grant Request
- The initiative must be outreach specific and have measurable results.
- The initiative, or a significant component of the initiative, must be new to the implementing congregation.
- The ultimate goal of the initiative is to change lives for Jesus Christ.
- Applicants may request a grant for a given initiative for up to three (3) consecutive years. However, reapplication must be made each year.
- Priority will be given for initiatives from congregations who directly or through its members support the ministry of the Brethren in Christ Church by investment in the Brotherhood Loan Fund or direct charitable gifts through the Trust Fund of the Brethren in Christ Foundation.
Administration of the Grant Program
- Complete the application describing the ministry opportunity and the strategy to be used, and submit it to the BICF.
- The BICF Director of Advancement will review applications and prioritize according to suitability. The Director will recommend the suitable applications for approval to the CEO of the BICF. The CEO will then make a determination of approval, after which the applicant will be notified.
- Grants will be a 50% reimbursement of expenses incurred to carry out the initiative.
- Grants for a congregation will not exceed $1,000 per site in a single calendar year.
- Funds will be issued to the extent funds remain in the Foundation’s grant reserve.
- Grants should be applied for prior to the initiative, if at all possible. However, funds will not be issued until approval has been granted AND receipts are submitted. All receipts must be submitted in a single request for reimbursement, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Approval of a grant is not a guarantee of approval in subsequent years.
Please note: Grant applications must be received at least 30 days prior to the start of the outreach initiative. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.