Jumpstart new ministries.
NEW: Receive up to $2,000 for new ministry initiatives, details below.
The BIC Foundation is an active partner to growing congregations as God moves in their midst. Through the Matching Grant Program, BICF helps jumpstart new outreach initiatives and ministries through direct financial assistance.
Key Criteria for assessing the suitability of a Grant Request
- The initiative must be outreach specific and have measurable results.
- The initiative, or a significant component of the initiative, must be new to the implementing congregation.
- The ultimate goal of the initiative is to change lives for Jesus Christ.
- Applicants may request a grant for a given initiative for up to three (3) consecutive years. However, reapplication must be made each year.
- Up to $2,000 can be awarded to a new ministry initiative in the first year; up to $1,000 can be awarded to the same ministry initiative in the second and third years.
- Priority will be given for initiatives from congregations who directly or through its members support the ministry of the Brethren in Christ Church by investment in the Brotherhood Loan Fund or direct charitable gifts through the Trust Fund of the Brethren in Christ Foundation.
Administration of the Grant Program
- Complete the application describing the ministry opportunity and the strategy to be used and submit it to the BICF.
- The BICF Loan Officer will review applications and prioritize them according to suitability. The Loan Officer will recommend suitable applications for approval to the Executive Director of the BICF. The Executive Director will then make a determination of approval, after which the applicant will be notified.
- Grants will be a 50% reimbursement of expenses incurred to carry out the initiative.
- Grants for a congregation will not exceed $2,000 per site in a single calendar year; in the second and third years, grants will not exceed $1,000 for the same outreach.
- Funds will be issued to the extent funds remain in the Foundation’s grant reserve.
- Grants should be applied for prior to the initiative, if at all possible. However, funds will not be issued until approval has been granted AND receipts are submitted. All receipts must be submitted in a single request for reimbursement unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Approval of a grant is not a guarantee of approval in subsequent years.
Contact John Burns for more information.
(717) 796-4788 ext. 5438